35 Julius Caesar Essay Topics
As a student, essays are perhaps one of the things that typically excite you. If anything, it probably is quite the converse. An essay requires much more than sitting down and crafting a write up for submission. You are required to demonstrate your comprehension of specific disciplines or particular topics within the subject. This asks for devotion in terms of time and resources. Which perhaps explains the little, or lack thereof, enthusiasm.
There comes a time, nonetheless, where you will ostensibly look forward to writing an essay. Julius Caesar is quite a classic example. And this is certainly an essay you will enjoy working on all the way. Julius Caesar is a fascinating historical figure. There are multiple facets to his story, which always seem to divide opinions. This creates an ideal boilerplate from which you can base your essay.
Just like any other essay, your essay on Julius Caesar significantly hinges on the topic you choose. This might be somewhat challenging. With him as the subject, you probably will be torn by various viable options. This does sound like a relatively good problem to have, but it may end up impeding your progression or starting for that matter. That will be no different from your classmate who has no clue of which topic to choose. Whatever the case may be, this article should assist you in selecting a relevant topic.
How to Select the Best Julius Caesar Essay Topic? What to Consider
Whether you have several or no options, deciding on a topic might be an agonizing headache. Ideally, you would not want to be stuck at the initial stage of the work ahead. This will be at the expense of valuable time, where apparently late essay submissions are tantamount to subpar ones. For this reason, finding the most suitable topic for your essay should be done promptly.
How do you do it appropriately? The determining factor for your topic should be first and foremost your area of interest. It becomes significantly easier to write the essay when you are deliberately and perhaps fully invested in the task. The second consideration, equally as important, is your knowledge base. After all, the essay is meant to evaluate your understanding.
List of Julius Caesar Essay Topics: 35 Options to Choose From
As mentioned earlier, there are dozens of ways to create the topic for your essay. The following is a list of possible essay topics about Caesar that you can consider. You may also choose to derive your own essay topic from any of them:
- The family history of Julius Caesar.
- The public assassination of Julius Caesar
- In the eyes of the Roman Empire, was Julius a progressive or retrogressive leader?
- The political ideology of Julius Caesar.
- Is Brutus the hero or the villain?
- Justification of Brutus’ conspiracy against Caesar.
- An in-depth look at Julius Caesar’s character.
- Julius Caesar and the fall of the roman republic.
- Julius Caesar’s contribution to the rise of the Roman empire.
- The power of speech.
- Analysis of Caesar’s letters and speeches to Cicero.
- Caesarism and its ideologies.
- The Implication of Julius Caesar losing his priesthood and joining the military.
- Compare and contrast the conquest of Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar.
- Julius Caesar’s dilemma between the consulship and the triumph.
- Julian calendar and social reforms.
- Rise and fall of political alliances.
- Relationship with Cornelia and Cleopatra.
- The Roman civil war.
- Caesar’s political reforms.
- The deification of Julian Caesar.
- Analysis of betrayal.
- The dictatorship of Julius Caesar
- The consequences of the assassination.
- Caesar’s influence on Octavius Caesar
- Caesar’s literary works
- Depiction of Julius Caesar in literary and artistic works
- Analysis of Julius Caesar’s memoirs
- Caesar’s impact on the lower and middle Roman classes.
- Caesar’s relationship with the Roman aristocrats.
- Caesar’s quest for world dominance.
- The Triumvirate.
- Caesar’s accomplishments.
- Caesar’s homosexuality: Reality or fiction?
- Discuss “Et Tu, Brute?”
10 Julius Caesar Essay Ideas You Can Build On
When writing your essay, it helps to have a notion of what you seek to articulate. This ensures that you can plan ahead, hence systematically express your perspective. Here are 10 ideas that can set the framework:
- Caesar’s heritage.
- Caesar’s early life.
- Caesar’s personal life and attributes.
- Political affiliation.
- Military life.
- Political reforms.
- Social reforms.
- Personal relationships.
You are more than adequately informed to pick an essay topic to your own liking with this in mind. If you have any problems writing an essay, our history essay writers are always happy to help.