55 Immigration Essay Topics
The most significant challenge when it comes to writing academic pieces is finding suitable subjects to tackle in the essay. For this article, we shall take a look at numerous examples of great essay topics about immigration. This post will also attempt to guide you through the various methods you can use to select viable titles for your essay.
How to Select the Best Immigration Essay Topic? Key Considerations
When dealing with migration essay topics, it helps to try to focus on the current issues. You can find out the recent discord on the subject and research the new lines of thought’s implications. Use this method to find something fresh to write about. You can also look at the history and background of the problem to come up with brilliant essay topics to discuss.
List of Immigration Essay Topics
The list below shows some of the easy topics you can choose for your essay. Feel free to modify them to conform to your perspective. Check out the 15 brilliant topics in the following list:
- What positive things have come from immigration?
- Discuss the adverse effects of immigration on the country.
- How do the U.S. presidents compare in terms of their policies on immigration?
- How has illegal migration affected U.S. politics and election voting patterns?
- What role does the media play in the perception of citizens on migration?
- How has the labor market been affected by migration?
- Why does the current migration pandemic concern European countries?
- What is the role of capitalism on global migration?
- An essay on the effects of migration on society.
- An essay on the effect of technology in enhancing migration policies and their enforcement.
- How has education been affected by migration?
- An essay on the popular countries for migrating individuals. What makes these nations attractive?
- What do people often get wrong about migration?
- How does the European Union deal with the global migration issue?
- How has the rate of migration changed in Korea post World War 2?
Illegal Immigration Essay Topics
The legality of persons moving to a new country has always been a hotly debated issue. Consequently, there are plenty of topics that you can handle with regards to this problem. Below is a list of captivating titles you can choose to talk about in your essay:
- An essay on the link between slavery and illegal immigration.
- An essay on prostitution as it relates to illegal immigration.
- Do immigrants who have entered a country illegally contribute to terrorism?
- Citizenship should be accorded to children that have been illegally immigrated into a country.
- Should we set up institutions to rehabilitate persons that have illegally migrated into a country?
- Should the status of refugees still apply to illegal immigrants?
- Should the children of illegal immigrants receive public education?
- Should there be more stringent measures in employment to curb the increase in illegal immigration?
- An essay to interrogate the prevalence of illegal immigration in developed nations.
Latino Immigration Essay Topics
The issue of illegal immigrants has strained the relationship between the U.S. and Mexico. This makes it a home of rich essay topics that you can select for your paper. Check out the list below for some interesting ones:
- What changes can be made to border security to lessen the number of illegal immigrants?
- Would the border wall between the U.S. and Mexico be effective at curbing illegal immigration?
- An essay on the changes in the policies that the U.S. government employs to handle Latino immigrants.
- Friction between the federal government and the Latin American community arising from the deportation of Latino immigrants.
- The perspective of persons living near the U.S.- Mexican border about the Latin American community residing in those areas.
- What are the key challenges facing Latino immigrants as they move into the U.S.?
- What are the biggest concerns U.S. citizens have concerning Latino immigration?
- An essay on deportation and its effects on the relatives of the Latino immigrants in question.
- An essay on Latino immigration and its effects on the prevalence of drug and substance abuse in the U.S.
- What effect does Latino immigration have on the voting patterns of people during U.S. elections?
Immigration Reform Essay Topics
There have been numerous policies enacted by the U.S. government to address the issue of immigration reform. Thus, there are plenty of essay topics that you can select to write about. Go through the list below for 10 exciting ones:
- An essay on a brief history of immigration
- What changes to immigration policies have attempted to tackle the issue of border enforcement?
- How does an illegal immigrant gain lawful citizenship in the country?
- What are the policies in place to help integrate immigrants into life in the United States?
- What are the policies that attempt to ensure that all workers within the country posses work permits?
- An analysis of the positive and negative effects illegal immigration has on the U.S. economy.
- Discuss former President Obama’s policies on the legalization of undocumented immigrants.
- What were the critical points on immigration of President Trump’s State of the Union speech in 2018?
- Discuss the successes of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
- Elaborate on the challenges faced by the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.
Immigration Laws Essay Topics
The law has had a significant role in illustrating the various measures the government has taken to tackle the challenge of immigration. There are numerous essay topics that you can find to address in your paper:
- Discuss the essential points of the Refugee Act of 1980.
- Elaborate on the highlights of the Naturalization Act of 1790.
- An essay on how the Naturalization Act of 1795 affected U.S. immigration
- What issues did the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 seek to address?
- What came out of the United States v. Wong Kim Ark case of 1898?
- Why was the National Origins formula established with the Immigration Act of 1924? What came from this proposal?
- Discuss the importance of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996.
- What issues did the Homeland Security Act of 2002 seek to mitigate?
- What is the purpose of the REAL ID Act of 2005?
- Elaborate on the formation and purpose of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals enacted in 2012.
Immigration Essay Ideas
Are you looking for ideas on essay topics surrounding migration? Check out the list below to help you come up with your own title. You can tweak them to match the expectations of your instructor:
- Discuss your opinion on a specific law on immigration.
- Highlight how you have been affected by migration—positively or negatively.
- What are the earliest historical instances of migration?
- The fundamental causes of migration today.
- The chief causes of migration in the pre-industrial revolution world.
- How are African nations dealing with the issue of migration?
- How are the Asian countries handling migration?
- Are countries that are in war obligated to handle the emerging issue of migration?
- Why do people overlook the positive effects of migration?
- What myths have been propagated about migration?
The above lists should help you with getting inspired to come up with great topics to research. Also, we can assist you with this process. You can order essay today and get premium services.