Although writing the perfect synthesis essay often involves having good writing skills, it may be impossible to draft a good synthesis essay without a good topic. Finding an interesting idea is also not a walk in the park. Not only do you need something interesting to write about but you also need a topic that allows you to synthesize information and organize your essay sources well.
How To Choose the Best Synthesis Essay Topics
Some professors often assign a topic to their students or give them the allowance to choose a topic from a limited amount of options. In other cases, a professor may simply give the students the discretion to choose a topic of their own. While this progressive approach to giving assignments may seem like the best idea, it becomes a challenge to students. This is because it is not easy to focus on one topic when you have the freedom to choose from millions of topics. What are some of the things to consider when choosing the best synthesis essay topic?
It should be interesting- Your topic should not only be interesting to the readers but it should also be of interest to you. Why is this important? Well, students that select interesting topics for their synthesis essays are much more likely to spend time researching and writing about their topics.
Topic should be specific- One problem that many students encounter when trying to write a good synthesis is choosing general topics. For example, topics such as drug abuse, technology, global warming or even corruption are too general and may not convey what you want to express to your audience. Instead, choose a more focused topic that can allow you to create a short essay.
It should be debatable- A good synthesis essay is one that makes people agree or disagree with your argument. If your topic is not debatable and everyone agrees to it then there may be no point of writing a synthesis essay. An essay that is not debatable does not also appeal to readers.
Topic should be negotiable- There is no reason to write about something that is unchangeable. This means that you should be looking for topics that allow room for negotiation. This will not only invoke the attention of your readers but will also ensure you can carry out some proper research.
Read more: How to Write a Good Synthesis Essay
List of Synthesis Essay Topics
If your professor has allowed you to choose the topic of your choice then you may have some trouble deciding what you want to write about. Here is a list of topics that you should consider when choosing a synthesis essay topic.
- Impact of the legality of sugary drinks given their destructive effect on human health.
- Ethical considerations of testing new drugs on animals.
- Effects of poverty on the health of children.
- The necessity of college education in the contemporary workplace.
- Effects of watching violent content for children.
- The threats that drones present to personal privacy.
- Contribution of artificial intelligence in the workforce.
- Machine learning and how it affects productivity in business.
- Impact of racial prejudice on college admissions.
- Effects of global warming on farming.
- The contribution of air pollution to global warming.
- Fossil fuels and their effects on the environment.
- The American lifestyle and its contribution to global warming.
- Modern technology and the building of smart cities.
- The death penalty and its place in modern America.
- Addressing the illegality of marijuana amidst its numerous health benefits.
- Role of art in day to day life.
- Ethical implications of genetic engineering.
- The nexus between accumulating wealth and happiness in the 21st century.
- Resolving the issue of overcrowded prisons.
- The US justice system: To punish or to rehabilitate?
- Instituting checks and balances to control the abuse of power by one arm of government.
- African American males and the US justice system.
- Legalizing prostitution in the modern world.
- Achieving the American dream: Can the average American achieve the American dream?
- Promoting cultural understanding among culturally diverse societies.
- Eliminating cyber-bullying and shaming on the internet.
- Exploring the effects of US government policies on immigration.
- Role of schools in promoting cultural diversity in the United States.
- The impact of the three-strikes law on racial minorities.
- The effects of social media sites such as Facebook on people’s social lives.
- Social media and privacy: A case for concern.
- The effects of social media adoption on journalism.
- Impact of class size on students performance in schools.
- Exploring the impact of the high cost of higher education.
- The effects of social media on contemporary dating.
- Impact of online communities on people’s sense of belonging.
- Understanding the effects of video games to real-life violence among American teens.
- The effects of technology on the entertainment industry.
- Making voting mandatory for eligible citizens in the US.
- The influence of graffiti on contemporary art.
- The right to vote among prison inmates.
- Role of the justice system in preventing mass shootings.
- Impact of poverty on one’s chances of going to prison.
- How our neighborhoods affect who we are.
- Why homeschooling may be a better option than traditional schooling.
- Embracing corporal punishment in schools and its impact on learning.
- Role of TV in reinforcing dangerous stereotypes.
- Why students cheat in school.
- The ethical implications of eating meat.
Potential Synthesis Essay Questions
These questions can help those who do not have any ideas on what to write in their essays. The questions include:
- 1. Does sex education raise awareness in schools?
- Is global warming caused by human activities?
- Can saving money really make you rich?
- How has China become a cultural and economic powerhouse today?
- Should the government control social media?
- Why is racism still prevalent?
- Is there too much violence in the media?
- Is space exploration key to human survival?
- Have smartphones made our lives easier or even harder?
- Can global poverty be eradicated?
Other Synthesis Essay Ideas
Other synthesis ideas that may be suitable include;
- What are the long-term effects of globalization?
- Why is there a high prevalence of depression today?
- Should the United States legalize gay marriages?
- Should modern advertisements be considered as art?
- What causes violent extremism and how can it be controlled?
You can choose to write on any topic given above. Alternatively, you can get our professional synthesis essay writing service to ensure that you get that perfect grade on your synthesis paper. We have skilled essay writers who will work to ensure that you not only get a suitable topic idea but that your essay will also be exceptional.
Call us today to place an order.