50 Argumentative Essay Topics
Writing an argumentative essay is not easy. Some topics are challenging, even for the most dedicated students. There are many things that the professors want to test you on as they issue these questions. They include your ability to select a topic that is related to your areas of study, the sources of information that you can select for the work, the intensity of the research that you can do, the ability to organize the information that you have collected and the formatting skills that you have learned over the years.
If you do not choose the best topic, the work becomes unmanageable. The key to an excellent argumentative essay is to ensure that you settle for a subject you are sure to tackle appropriately. Anything short of that is a waste of time. Fortunately, there are tips that you can use to come up with the best topic for the essay. Here is a highlight of what you should do.
How to Select the Best Argumentative Essay Topic?
This is a question that troubles most students. Being an argumentative essay, you should not opt for an obvious topic. Take a subject that has two opposing sides so that you can have the opportunity to explain why your side is the best. Moreover, there should be a relationship between the topic you choose and the course you are pursuing. If you do that, you find it easy to collect the facts you can use to defend your perspective. Besides, pick on topics that are easy to handle. You do not want to deal with technical terms that you cannot properly explain to the readers.
Read more: How to Write a Good Argumentative Essay
Comprehensive List of Argumentative Essay Topics
Here are 50 topics that you can use as an inspiration when you need to come up with your topic:
- The importance of education in societal growth.
- Obesity among the United States citizens and why it is an issue of concern.
- The importance of military training for the Youth.
- Secondary languages and why it is important to study them.
- The effectiveness of the SATs.
- The MBA programs and why people should embrace them.
- Teenagers and why they should maintain a healthy weight.
- Importance of physical education to the education system.
- The impact of swimming on physical fitness.
- The impact of legalizing the recreational use of marijuana.
- An assessment of the best age for people to be granted the right to vote.
- The most suitable punishment for rapists.
- Globalization and its effect on the US economy.
- Climate change and its impact on the world’s economies.
- The gun control laws and how they affect security.
- The impact of corruption on economic growth.
- Video games and how they affect the behavior of teenagers.
- The impact of the increase in the use of mobile phones.
- Technology and how it affects access to education.
- The effect of technological devices on technology.
- Social media and how it has improved communication
- Main users of computers today
- The importance of art courses at the university
- Modern music lyrics and their impact on the behavior of the youths
- The factors that lead to an increase in prostitution
- Controlling child labor
- The importance of college education
- The use of video games in learning
- How celebrity lifestyle affect societal morals
- Sex education in schools
- The increase in online identity theft
- The importance of standardized tests
- The effect of corporal punishment on students behavior
- Controlling cyber-bullying in modern society
- The most effective methods to teach math.
- The importance of parent-teacher conferences
- The importance of college ranking
- The dangers of playing football
- Importance of a functional healthcare system
- The negative effects of female circumcision
- The proper laws to control illegal immigration
- The making of a good television commercial
- Maintaining gender parity in schools.
- The impact of the women in the military
- The most effective economic policies to reduce unemployment
- Taxation policies that promote equity
- Moral values that are important in leadership
- The parenting methods everyone should adopt.
- The effect of allowing teenagers to use the different contraception methods
- Dating in the modern age
The Best Argumentative Essay Questions for You
For those who do not have an idea of the essay questions they may encounter, this is a list of those you are likely to come across:
- Why is the United States education system considered to be complex?
- Explain why there is an increase in the cases of obesity
- What are the factors that should make the college curriculum to be changed?
- Is increased access to the internet increases the risk of identity theft?
- What are the effects of steroid use on the human body?
- Is dieting effective for those who want to lose weight?
- Should tobacco use be legalized in public areas?
- Explain the main effects of hurricanes
- Should education be completely free?
- Is the rapid technological advancement good for the economy?
Practical Argumentative Essay Ideas
You do not know how to come up with a topic that can work for you. There are several ways you can come up with the best topics. Here are the ideas that you can use as a topic source:
- Think of what people are talking about at the moment
- Write on something you feel strongly about since you can defend it
- Read books written on your area of study
- Ask your mates on topic suggestions
- Find a reliable source of topics online
Struggling with Your Essay? Contact Us for Help
Do not struggle with the essay when you can conveniently get a qualitative paper here. Buy an argumentative essay from us right now!